From: Gordonj on
Newbie to Knode - when I post a message I get this error:
Unable to load/save configuration.
Wrong permissions on home folder?
You should close KNode now to avoid data loss.

How do I correct that?
From: Bruce Stephens on
Gordonj <gordonbparker(a)yahoo.com.invalid> writes:

> Newbie to Knode - when I post a message I get this error:
> Unable to load/save configuration.
> Wrong permissions on home folder?
> You should close KNode now to avoid data loss.
>
> How do I correct that?

Check the permissions on ~, ~/.kde, ~/.kde/share, ~/.kde/share/config,
etc.. look OK, check disk space (also check inode use using "df
-i"---that's caught me out a few times). You can change permissions
using chmod. (Doubtless there are point-and-drool interfaces to
chmod, too---presumably Nautilus and things can change permissions.)
From: Neil Ellwood on
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:40:23 +0000, Gordonj wrote:

> Newbie to Knode - when I post a message I get this error: Unable to
> load/save configuration.
> Wrong permissions on home folder?
> You should close KNode now to avoid data loss.
>
> How do I correct that?

Use Pan, Claws or even another newsreader - there are lots of them.

--
Neil
reverse ra and delete l
From: C. on
On 20 Dec, 14:48, Bruce Stephens <bruce+use...(a)cenderis.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> Gordonj <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com.invalid> writes:
> > Newbie to Knode - when I post a message I get this error:
> > Unable to load/save configuration.
> > Wrong permissions on home folder?
> > You should close KNode now to avoid data loss.
>
> > How do I correct that?
>
> Check the permissions on ~, ~/.kde, ~/.kde/share, ~/.kde/share/config,
> etc.. look OK, check disk space (also check inode use using "df
> -i"---that's caught me out a few times).  You can change permissions
> using chmod.  (Doubtless there are point-and-drool interfaces to
> chmod, too---presumably Nautilus and things can change permissions.)

cd ~
chown -R your_user_name .kde

C.
From: Gordon on
wrote:
> Gordonj <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com.invalid> writes:
> > Newbie to Knode - when I post a message I get this error:
> > Unable to load/save configuration.
> > Wrong permissions on home folder?
> > You should close KNode now to avoid data loss.
>
> > How do I correct that?
>
> Check the permissions on ~, ~/.kde, ~/.kde/share, ~/.kde/share/config,
> etc.. look OK, check disk space (also check inode use using "df
> -i"---that's caught me out a few times). You can change permissions
> using chmod. (Doubtless there are point-and-drool interfaces to
> chmod, too---presumably Nautilus and things can change permissions.)

cd ~
chown -R your_user_name .kde

C.

Thanks!