From: VanguardLH on
Claire wrote:

> I have OL 2007 running on Vista - when trying to back up
> pst file get the following error code:0x80070021 The process cannot access
> the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
> Can anyone explain this please?

So exit Outlook so you no longer have a file handle open on your .pst file.
Then back it up.
From: g1mail on
Take a look at product BackupMyFolder! and PSTStation Corporate
(http://www.addonmail.com)
These two products will allow you to backup PST files while Outlook is
running (even if PST file is on the network)

BackupMyFolder! is a freeware with functionnality limited to the
backup of PST inside default profile
PSTStation Corporate is a great product that allow you to discover PST
files on the network and then make actions on them like backup,
monitor, compress, ....

Regards
Gilles