From: Claire on
I have OL 2007 running on Vista - when trying to back up
pst file get the following error code:0x80070021 The process cannot access
the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
Can anyone explain this please?

From: nancy0123 on

This is why Microsoft does NOT support the use of pst files over a
network......You also run the very considerable risk of corrupting pst
files
that are accessed over a network. Put the files onto a local drive, and
if
you need to have them on a network location for daily backing-up then
write
a script to copy them after Outlook has closed.

--
nancy0123

http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Gordon on

"nancy0123" <nancy0123.4a6aqy(a)invalid> wrote in message

> This is why Microsoft does NOT support the use of pst files over a
> network......

Eh? Where did the OP mention pst files on a network?

From: Gordon on

"Claire" <Claire(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have OL 2007 running on Vista - when trying to back up
> pst file get the following error code:0x80070021 The process cannot
> access
> the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
> Can anyone explain this please?

How and with what are you trying to make this backup?

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Have you made sure that Outlook is actually not running when you perform the
backup? Check your Task Manager > Processes to make sure that outlook.exe is
not still present.

What method are you using to back up your PST file?

Here's an excellent method:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

The entire website is excellent. You may want to bookmark it. It will answer
most Outlook-related questions that you might normally have.

--
Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon