From: Rich on
I have a user who throughout the years has been dragging emails to her
network home drive, saving them as .msg files. It seems that some she can
double-click and they open fine in Outlook, but others give her the following
error

"The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using."

How do I fix that? I've only seen ones that don't work FYI.
From: Brian Tillman on

Rich;112663 Wrote:
> I have a user who throughout the years has been dragging emails to her
> network home drive, saving them as .msg files. It seems that some she
> can
> double-click and they open fine in Outlook, but others give her the
> following
> error
>
> "The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are
> using."
>
> How do I fix that? I've only seen ones that don't work FYI.

The file type association for /msg files appears incorrect. Open
Windows Explorer and click Tools>Folder Options. Select the File Type
tab. In the "Registered file types" pane, locate MSG, select it, and
click Advanced. Select Open and click Edit. Post the exact string
appearing in the "Application used to perform action" field. State
whether or not the "Use DDE" box is checked.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com