From: hbethke on
Some of my e-mail to be sent is being rejected by the server under the Error# 0x8000CCC79, preceded by a 501.
How can I fix this?

Harry.
From: Jim Pickering on
This article should help fix it:

290808 - XCON: NDR with Error 0x800CCC79 When You Send SMTP Mail from
Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B290808
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates

From: webster72n on

Jim:

I should have remembered to do this after my last reinstall.
It is the first of the three options available.
Memory is fading quickly with age.
Thank you very much.

Harry.

From: Jim Pickering on
Glad it helped and thanks for the feedback.