From: marchewd on
I keep getting an error message when I try and check delete messages in
delete folder when exiting box (only box checked on maintenance tab). It
brings up a dialogue box that says "please enter a value between 5 and 100
for the percent at which to compact files. How did I enter this value in?
It is really annoying.

Thanks,
Dan

From: Michael Santovec on
What version of Outlook Express are you using? Look in Help, About
Outlook Express.

That percentage setting is from a very old version.

From: marchewd on
I just installed XP Pro with service pack 2 the other day. I downloaded IE
7.0 as well. I will reply with the exact build tomorrow. Is there a way to
install the latest version of OE?

Thanks,
Dan

From: Michael Santovec on
If you installed XP with SP2, you would have pretty much the latest
version of OE 6 (other than possibly some security updates).

That percentage compaction was from OE4, I think. I don't know if OE5
had it. I don't think OE6 ever had that option.

You mention installing XP Pro recently. Did you do an upgrade from an
older version of Windows? I wouldn't be surprised if that setting were
left over in the registry from an older version and OE is still checking
that it have a valid number, even if it isn't used anymore.

From: marchewd on
It is OE 6.00.26. It was a clean install. I did backup my email address
book, messages and setting using mailsaver xe. Is there anyway to get around
this error message?

Thanks,
Dan