From: andyr on
can someone help please, I am having problems sending e-mail. I get the
message "the connection to the server has failed, account pop.wanadoo.co.uk,
server smtp.wanadoo.co.uk, protocol smtp port 25 secure (ssl) socket error
10060, error number 0x800ccc0e". Ive contacted wanadoo with no luck, re
installed computer software back to factory spec several times, reset profile
updated explorer, now left with no new way to proceed. any ideas.
Regards.
From: PA Bear on
Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

<paste>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</paste>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

From: andyr on
Hi PA BEAR
thanks for your input, but unfortunately i am no further forward. I don't
have anti virus or firewall loaded at the moment just incase this was causing
problem. I have tried increaseing the time out in oe advanced properties but
still no luck. now looking for a big hammer to give computer a technical tap.

From: Michael Santovec on
How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

Are you connected to the Internet via wanadoo.co.uk when you try to send
mail?

From: PA Bear on
> ...I don't
> have anti virus or firewall loaded at the moment just incase this was
> causing problem.

The absence of an anti-virus app may BE the problem!

Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
--

andyr wrote:
> Hi PA BEAR
> thanks for your input, but unfortunately i am no further forward. I don't
> have anti virus or firewall loaded at the moment just incase this was
> causing problem. I have tried increaseing the time out in oe advanced
> properties but still no luck. now looking for a big hammer to give
> computer a technical tap.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
> > additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:
> >
> > <paste>
> > Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses
> > that are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus
> > Auto-Protect scans incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive,
> > including email and email attachments. Email Scanning is just another
> > layer on top of this. To make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the
> > maximum protection, keep Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate
> > regularly to ensure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
> > </paste>
> > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106
> >
> > Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL
> > and OE http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org
> >
> > andyr wrote:
> > > can someone help please, I am having problems sending e-mail. I get
> > > the message "the connection to the server has failed, account
> > > pop.wanadoo.co.uk, server smtp.wanadoo.co.uk, protocol smtp port 25
> > > secure (ssl) socket error 10060, error number 0x800ccc0e". Ive
> > > contacted wanadoo with no luck, re installed computer software back
> > > to factory spec several times, reset profile updated explorer, now
> > > left with no new way to proceed. any ideas.
> > > Regards.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Help needed in options menu