From: Matteo on
Dear all,
I implemented the IISADMPWD tool following exactly the KB907271 at this url
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907271/en-us, anyway when I am trying to
change the password I received that message disabling the show friendly error
messages on IE 7 "Error number: -2147023545".
I received that error after I inserted credentials to modify on that page
http://servername/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp and I pressed the submit.
Anyone that know how to solve this issue?
thanks all again.
Matteo
From: Jacqueline Jaynes [MSFT] on
This error .-2147023545 - translates to an HRESULT of 80070547
ERROR_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller,
either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied.

When you put in your credentials, are you specifying the domain name with
the username? For example, domainname\username.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Jackie Jaynes [MSFT]
Microsoft IIS

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
is our online account name for newsgroup participation only.

You assume all risk for your use. � 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

From: Matteo on
Dear Jacqueline,
I would thank you for your answer, actually between the pc where is
installed IIS and the IISADMPWD and the domain controller there is a firewall
(actually the webserver is in DMZ) probably some ports are closed, do you
have a complete list of error numbers that explain what happen? is it public
or is only for "microsoft internals"? Thank you.
Is it available also a list of ports used for password change?
thanks again!
Matteo