From: Gunjan Desai on
Hi,

I am trying to enable incoming mail for lists in SharePoint 2007 beta 2.

Installed SMTP on MOSS server

configured SMTP to accept relay from exchange server

set "Central administration > Operations > Active Directory settings for
E-mail Web Service > Active Directory Container Object" to:
OU=SharePoint2007,OU=Information Technology,OU=Authorized
Users,DC=domainname,DC=com

set "Central administration > Operations >Incoming E-Mail Settings" as
follows:
-Enable sites on this server to receive email - Yes
-Settings mode - Advanced
-Connect to a Sharepoint directory management service - Yes
-Directory management service URL -
http://servername.domainname.com:44922/_vti_bin/sharepointemailws.asmx
-E-mail server address - servername.domainname.com
-Does this directory management service manage distribution lists - Yes
-Should distribution lists accept mail only from authenticated senders - Yes
-E-Mail server display address - myl...(a)domainname.com
-E-Mail drop folder - E:\mailDrop

I then create a new doc library and enable receive email and set email
address to emailt...(a)domainname.com

Receive pages that says "The list was created successfully, but could not be
assigned an e-mail alias because of the following error: Access Denied."

I also gave permission to Application pool user and sharepoint service user
on "sharepoint 2007" OU

Am I missing a step that gives SharePoint the permissions to create a
contact in AD?

Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.

From: Engelbert on
Note to lurkers:

This question is also in .sharepoint.general and
..sharepoint.setup_and_administration.

Please concentrate replies to .setup_and_administration

Gunjan: one newsgroup only please in future !

Engelbert

From: Engelbert on
Note to lurkers: