From: Wayne on
I am new at VBA and trying to use VBA in powerPoint 2007 in a vista os
to create a quiz. I am reading a set of question into an array of
questions from a file and want to add one question at a time to a text
box. I am using the following code:
ActivePresentation.Slides(5).Shapes("TextBox
19").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = question(number)

but I have been getting the following error:

Run-time error '-2147188160 (80048240)':

Item TextBox 19 not found in the Shapes collection.

But when I check the object code using either the selection and
visibility option in powerPoint or the code from example 8 from David
Marcovitz

Public Sub GetObjectName()
If ActiveWindow.Selection.Type = ppSelectionShapes _
Or ActiveWindow.Selection.Type = ppSelectionText Then
If ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Count = 1 Then
MsgBox (ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Name)
Else
MsgBox ("You have selected more than one shape.")
End If
Else
MsgBox ("No shapes are selected.")
End If
End Sub

I get that the object name is TextBox 19.

Please Help
From: Bill Dilworth on
VBA can be picky. Is there a space between the Textbox part and the 19 part
of the object name?

Bill Dilworth

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
If you have not renamed it the name is probably TextBox19 (no space)

I would rename to something more useful in the selection / visibility pane
though
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <617C1F1E-4102-4F70-B209-BC41BE437467(a)microsoft.com>, John Wilson
wrote:
> If you have not renamed it the name is probably TextBox19 (no space)

One of us has a weird copy of PPT then, sir.
Mine puts spaces between the name and the number. ;-)

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: David Marcovitz on
As John and Steve suggested, you might be missing something with the spaces
and as John suggested, you might try to use the SetObjectName macro (in
Example 8.7) to give it your own name so you are sure exactly what it is.
The other problem I could see is if you are really doing all of this on a
different slide than Slides(5). Perhaps, you are working with a different
slide.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

On 11/21/09 5:32 PM, in article
44022dc8-dbbe-4f0a-9bda-42cc18194a86(a)g27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, "Wayne"