From: Suki arts on
When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the home
page. How can i correct this?
thanks,
--
Suki Arts
From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
by having an; index.htm or index.html or default.htm or default.html page in
the root folder...which one of the four will depend on what your server is
set up for.
what is the file name of your "home" page?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: Suki arts on
the home page is index.html
--
Suki Arts

From: Ronx on
Ask your host what name and extension should be given to the home page. Some
hosts give all 4 choices (and more, sometimes) that Rob mentioned, other
hosts are very restrictive.
Does index.html appear in the directory listing you get when browsing to
your site? If it does, then index.html is the wrong choice, if it dose not,
then you have published to the wrong place, or something else has happened.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

> the home page is index.html
> --
> Suki Arts
>

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> by having an; index.htm or index.html or default.htm or default.html page
>> in
>> the root folder...which one of the four will depend on what your server
>> is
>> set up for.
>> what is the file name of your "home" page?
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Suki arts" <Sukiarts(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the
>> > home
>> > page. How can i correct this?
>> > thanks,
>> > --