From: Martin on
Hello

We are running our database update program at a customers and we are getting
errors.

dbFileSpec:Create is returning false, but the file does appear to be created
as the file is opened, and has the new correct structure.

There are no errors in it, but it still reports as an error.

Windows 7 W/S ADS 9.1

Could this be rights or client issue?

How does :Create() know if it has creted the file?

Thanks

Martin

From: Geoff Schaller on
More likely to be a rights issue.

Check user account control or run the application as Administrator. You
have to remember that W7 is basically Vista so all the same security
issues apply.

Geoff

From: Jon J on
Martin

Is the server Windows 2008?
If yes, take a look at this from a post on the Advantage General

"One last thing to be aware of is a change to SMB 2.0"
http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=090707-2191

Try the registry fixes they fixed it for our one client with the problem,
but we are still looking for a non registry solution

--
Jon Justin