From: Geoff Low on
Hi

I am having problems with Navision (Version GB 4.0 SP1) crashing out
for users when they are using the system over Citrix. It seems to
affect (in the most part) just one of our companies. The user is just
carrying out routine tasks, with nothing too taxing occurring on the
database. The users are using the Navision SQL client software to
access the database. There is nothing obviously going on in the
background on the system that may impede the performance, and the user
just gets "booted out" with the error reporting tool popping up almost
immediately. They can log back in without issue, but it certainly
interrupts their workflow.

Unfortunately the way it passes on it always means that Windows Error
Reporting Tool gets in there before it can report a Navision Error. I
am getting the following traceback in the Application logs:
finsql.exe, 4.0.1.21666, 430b4e86, finsql.exe, 4.0.1.21666, 430b4e86,
0, 001a560c.
Occasionally we get bucket informational messages something like:
247020074, 1, finsql.exe, 4.0.1.21666, 430b4e86, finsql.exe,
4.0.1.21666, 430b4e86, 0, 001a560c.
Both of these are as cryptic to me as it appears to be to the people
who implemented the system (I'm just an admin). They are waiting for
an error from Navision, that they're not going to get. Unfortunately
the financial director is giving me grief about getting it fixed.

I read somewhere on this group that Navision can be picky about printer
drivers so I have made sure that I have installed as many print drivers
as are necessary on the citrix server to try and avoid the problem. I
was wondering if anyone else had seen these types of errors and may be
able to offer insight on how they were able to resolve it.

Many thanks

Geoff

From: Geoff Low on
Bad form to reply to one's own post but it seems quite likely that a
solution will be for our vendor to provide the upgrade to SP3 (as per
http://dynamicsusers.net/forums/post/5345.aspx)

Geoff

From: PalleA on
Hey there

Navision and Citrix is having some challenges together. To avoid to
many problems you should really make sure that you are running on the
latest version of Navision and latest version of Citrix.

Furthermore - I have experienced that when starting navision the screen
flickers lots of times. The reason to this is that for some weird
reason that citrix wants to load every single printer in the network
into every citrix session, this also seems to cause some unexpected
crashes of Navision. Quite annoying as navision gets blamed when its a
citrix problem :-(

PalleA

From: Geoff Low on
Hi

Thanks for your feedback. I worked around the printer issue by tracing
back through the application event log looking at the MetaFrame Errors
(which are for the most part down to printer driver errors) and
installing the printer driver. I also changed the Citrix config to
only load the default printer; which got rid of a lot of the ancilliary
issues for printer devices like the MS Office Printer Driver, which I
couldn't work out how to get installed on the Citrix Server. As to the
version of Citrix, I'm a bit stuck there as it is mission critical, so
we cannot afford the downtime....

I've got the finance team to raise a ticket for getting the version of
Navision upgraded to SP3 to hopefully resolve this issue.....

Thanks
Geoff

Pages: 1
Prev: Navision 4.0 Error message