From: steve on
hi

I new in the nav world and got me the download of navision from technet.
I also downloaded the msdn licence and imported it.

my question is:
Can i make new tables, forms, reports ... with the licence and wat nummber
can I use?

The hole granule thing is not clear to me yet

Granule ID Name Amount Expires
-------------- --------------------------------------------- ------ --------
540 Demonstratie, Basis 1
542 MSDN License 1
543 Design for MSDN 1
1,100 Bedrijf 4
1,200 Sessie 2
1,310 Databaseruimte (1 MB) 100
1,370 Database Expansion per 1 GB 1
1,400 Gebruikers-ID's en wachtwoorden 1
1,410 Toegangsrechten 1
1,420 Application Server 1
1,520 Server - Windows NT (Intel) 1
1,750 C/OCX 1
1,800 C/FRONT 1
1,900 Cross-Reference Tool 1
1,960 Test Integration 1
2,000 Client Monitor 1
2,010 Server - Microsoft SQL Server Option 1
2,105 Allow new versions 1
2,310 Web User /Each 1
4,900 Application Wide - Multiple System Langua 1
7,100 Level 1: Design 1
104,000 Upgrade Toolkit Execute objects(104,000-104,1 1

thanks

From: Savatage on
It's a very restrictive License. It's really ment for you to zip around and
see how things work - not for creating tables, forms & reports.

From: metzger.li on
Hi

The MSDN license is like a training license (and like a CRONUS license):
- insert/delete fields in tables 18, 51, 91, 387 and some special tables
(field no. 50000-99999, 123456700-123456799)
- modify most fields in tables 18, 51, 91, 387
- modify forms 21, 59, 71, 119, 565, 578 and some special forms
- create new forms 99998-99999
- modify report 101
- create report 99999
- modify codeunit 418
- create new objects 123456700-123456799
- modify objects 10400-104199
- ...

for more information see follow list.

Regards
Daniel Metzger

Type From To Permission
---- ---- -- ----------
Table 18 18 RMX
Table 51 51 RMDX
Table 91 91 RMDX
Table 387 387 RMDX
Table 104000 104199 RMDX
Table 99003600 99003615 RMDX
Table 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
Table 2000000002 2000000005 RMX
Table 2000000053 2000000054 RMX
Table 2000000061 2000000061 RMX
Table 2000000064 2000000064 RMX
Table 2000000201 2000000202 RMX
Form 21 22 RMX
Form 59 59 RMDX
Form 71 71 RMDX
Form 119 119 RMDX
Form 565 566 RMDX
Form 578 578 RMDX
Form 99998 99999 RIMDX
Form 104000 104199 RMDX
Form 99003600 99003602 RMDX
Form 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
Report 101 101 RMX
Report 99999 99999 RIMDX
Report 104000 104199 RMDX
Report 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
Dataport 104000 104199 RMDX
Dataport 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
Codeunit 418 418 RMDX
Codeunit 104000 104199 RMDX
Codeunit 99003795 99003796 MX
Codeunit 99003799 99003799 MX
Codeunit 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
XMLport 104000 104199 RMDX
XMLport 99008503 99008503 RMX
XMLport 99008510 99008510 RMX
XMLport 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
System 104000 104199 RMDX
System 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
FieldNumber 1 49999 M
FieldNumber 50000 99999 IMD
FieldNumber 104000 104199 RMDX
FieldNumber 1000000 99999999 M
FieldNumber 123456700 123456799 RIMDX
From: David Singleton on
The MSDN license give you all you need to learn Navision, and in fact there
should be enough for you to get certified. Its a pity it does not allow read
access at least to tables 27, 36 and 37 and codeunits 11, 22 and 80 which
would help a lot.

But you can create new codeunits, reports forms xmls everything, provided
you save them in the 1234567800 to 1234567899 range.

If you want to learn Navision this license is fine.

Also access to the upgrade toolkit means you can experiment upgrading
versions.

From: Simon on
Steve, could you tell me link for MSDN license.