From: Olivia on
Hi,

I am trying to setup Navigation pane by company. I created Add-on 1 and
Add-on 2 with different menus. I created two different super user roles with
access to everything else except some restriction on Menusuite.

Super Super Role 1 is assigned with Add-on 1 menusuite along with other
permisions on tables, reports...ect
When I tried to log in as Test 1 withe Super Role 1, I got this error:

I also tested to also assign Super Role 1 with Add-on 1, MBS, Region, and
Company. When I tried to log in as Test 1 withe Super Role 1, I still got
that error.

Only when I added Add-on 2 to Super Role 1 then, I was able to log in as
Test 1 but then I was able to see the menu for Add-on 2.

Why Test 1 user can't open Navision since he is assigned with Add-on 1? Does
all the Add-ons have to be assigned to each user in order to log in? If so,
what is the point of having different add-ons?

Thanks

From: tarungulati1984 on

Olivia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup Navigation pane by company. I created Add-on 1 and
> Add-on 2 with different menus. I created two different super user roles with
> access to everything else except some restriction on Menusuite.
>
> Super Super Role 1 is assigned with Add-on 1 menusuite along with other
> permisions on tables, reports...ect
> When I tried to log in as Test 1 withe Super Role 1, I got this error:

> I also tested to also assign Super Role 1 with Add-on 1, MBS, Region, and
> Company. When I tried to log in as Test 1 withe Super Role 1, I still got
> that error.
>
> Only when I added Add-on 2 to Super Role 1 then, I was able to log in as
> Test 1 but then I was able to see the menu for Add-on 2.
>
> Why Test 1 user can't open Navision since he is assigned with Add-on 1? Does
> all the Add-ons have to be assigned to each user in order to log in? If so,
> what is the point of having different add-ons?
>
> Thanks

Hi Olivia,

I think you want to Set Permissions for a Particular module at the user
Level.You can do this by Getting into Navision pane Designer(Alt+f12)
Right-click the menu button of the menu that you want to assign to one
or more users and then click Assign Users....

In the Assign Users window, in the Assign field, place a check mark
next to the name of each user that you want to assign the menu to. To
assign a menu to all users, click Assign All.

Click OK.

Try This i think it will Sole your purpose.

*Aryan*

From: Olivia on
Hi Aryan,

I am trying to setup Navigation Pane by company. There are users can access
one or more companies. For the same user, Navigation Pane changes depending
on the company he opens. If I assign permissions in teh Assign Users Window,
the same user will always have exactly same Navigation Pane no matter which
company he opens.

Thanks