From: Allamarein on
On 18 Lug, 21:05, dpb <n...(a)non.net> wrote:
> dpb wrote:
> > Allamarein wrote:
>
> >> Yeah, I think the problem it is the debugger, because my code work
> >> greatly in release mode.
> >> Installing Visual Studio can help?
>
> > If the code doesn't fail w/o the debugger but is stopping when built w/
> > debugging I'd guess you have a breakpoint set or are starting w/ "step"
> > or "step into" instead of "run" that's causing the debug window to open.

> As a followup to the above, note the following in the Debugger Help...
>
> > Step Into Single-steps through instructions in the program, and
> > enters each function (or subroutine) call that is encountered. With
> > Visual Fortran programs, avoid using this menu command for initial
> > program execution. Instead, set a breakpoint or insertion point at
> > the first executable line of Fortran source code and either use Go or
> > Run to Cursor. This avoids entering the Visual Fortran run-time
> > initialization code that is executed before your main Fortran routine
>
> I'm virtually certain it's this you're seeing given the symptom description.
>
> --

Maybe better...
I open all *.for I need.
Then I build.
CVF suggests to create a standard workspace and project and it does
it, naming them as it prefers.
I attach every file I need in that project.
Build that and I debug: now it works!
However I would change the name of the workspace and of the project.
It is possible rename and changing path of workspace and projects,
after I created that?
From: Gib Bogle on
Allamarein wrote:
> I've just installed CVF 6.6 on my windows xp.
> Now I don't have problems that I found by Vista.
> Now it compiles, builds and runs as it should.
> Anyway I tried to debug a my code and I get this error:

The Intel Fortran forum is the right place for this sort of question. There are
many knowledgeable and helpful people there.
From: dpb on
Allamarein wrote:

> CVF suggests to create a standard workspace and project and it does
> it, naming them as it prefers.
> I attach every file I need in that project.
> Build that and I debug: now it works!
> However I would change the name of the workspace and of the project.
> It is possible rename and changing path of workspace and projects,
> after I created that?

Oh, I'm sure you probably could; however I'd simply create a new
project, naming it as desired and put the files where you want and add
them to the new project as you did to the default. No big deal.

From: Allamarein on
On 18 Lug, 23:59, dpb <n...(a)non.net> wrote:
> Allamarein wrote:

> > CVF suggests to create a standard workspace and project and it does
> > it, naming them as it prefers.
> > I attach every file I need in that project.
> > Build that and I debug: now it works!
> > However I would change the name of the workspace and of the project.
> > It is possible rename and changing path of workspace and projects,
> > after I created that?
>
> Oh, I'm sure you probably could; however I'd simply create a new
> project, naming it as desired and put the files where you want and add
> them to the new project as you did to the default.  No big deal.
>
> --

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure you probably could; however I'd simply create a new
project, naming it as desired and put the files where you want and
add
them to the new project as you did to the default. No big deal.

In this way it crashes when I try to debug.
That is:
I open a blank workspace and a project.
I attach my *.f files.
In this way it crashes when I try to debug.
Maybe I choose the wrong project.

Instead if I follow the procedure I wrote in my last post, no
troubles...
Anyway CVF offers different projects.
Maybe I choose the wrong project....
I need a standard project (in this way CVF calls project it suggests
an automatic procedure), but I don't know how to choose that in manual
procedure.
Manual procdure will be:
I create a 'Blank Workspace'
I choose 'Fortran Windows application'.
Then I choose 'An empty Windows Application' and I dont'use 'this
project will be linking against one or more Fprtran DLL import
libraries'.
I attach my *.for files.
How I wrote, in this way debug doesn't work
From: dpb on
Allamarein wrote:

> In this way it crashes when I try to debug.
> That is:
> I open a blank workspace and a project.
> I attach my *.f files.
> In this way it crashes when I try to debug.
> Maybe I choose the wrong project.
>
> Instead if I follow the procedure I wrote in my last post, no
> troubles...
> Anyway CVF offers different projects.
> Maybe I choose the wrong project....
> I need a standard project (in this way CVF calls project it suggests
> an automatic procedure), but I don't know how to choose that in manual
> procedure.
> Manual procdure will be:
> I create a 'Blank Workspace'
> I choose 'Fortran Windows application'.
> Then I choose 'An empty Windows Application' and I dont'use 'this
> project will be linking against one or more Fprtran DLL import
> libraries'.
> I attach my *.for files.
> How I wrote, in this way debug doesn't work

Well, you need to know whether you're building a Windows app or
not...I'm assuming you probably are building a console application
rather than Windows; if it is a Windows app there has to be a Windwoes
message processing loop and the proper initialization. A console app,
otoh, is what I would presume you mean by "standard project"--it'll be a
straightforward Fortran program and its associated subroutines and
functions.

There are sample projects of each type in the CVF installation--look at
them and see for certain what your project resembles--I'm betting it is
_NOT_ a Windows application.

--
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3