From: Buffalo on
Anyone else having problems with Eternal-September?
I haven't been able to connect to them for a couple of days.
Thanks,
Buffalo

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:uD6Befd#KHA.148(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl "Buffalo"
<Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:

> Anyone else having problems with Eternal-September?
> I haven't been able to connect to them for a couple of days.

Nope, no problem. Just checked now and it's working fine.

What host name are you using, exactly? I've seen a number of similar
complaints from folks who were using "eternal-september.org" instead of
the proper "news.eternal-september.org" for some reason.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Buffalo on

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:uD6Befd#KHA.148(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl "Buffalo"
> <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else having problems with Eternal-September?
>> I haven't been able to connect to them for a couple of days.
>
> Nope, no problem. Just checked now and it's working fine.
>
> What host name are you using, exactly? I've seen a number of similar
> complaints from folks who were using "eternal-september.org" instead
> of the proper "news.eternal-september.org" for some reason.

Thanks for that info. I have been using the eternal-september.org for
the server name for the last couple of years.
I followed you advice and renamed the server to
news.eternal-september.org and it worked like a charm.
Thank you very much for your prompt and excellent advice. :)
Buffalo