From: Michael on
On May 2, 2:26 pm, Øyvind <oyvind.anton...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> You can also get the 1541 Ultimate II (http://www.1541ultimate.net/),
> that provides more than just the ethernet bit.

1541 Ultimate II, from my understanding does not have a ethernet
adaptor. Only one that had one was the 1541 Ultimate Plus Ethernet.
From: Øyvind on
On 4 Mai, 20:43, Michael <mister...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 2:26 pm, Øyvind <oyvind.anton...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You can also get the 1541 Ultimate II (http://www.1541ultimate.net/),
> > that provides more than just the ethernet bit.
>
> 1541 Ultimate II, from my understanding does not have a ethernet
> adaptor. Only one that had one was the 1541 Ultimate Plus Ethernet.

The Ultimate II will support ethernet via a usb dongle if I'm not
mistaken tho.

--
Øyvind
From: Jonno Downes on
On May 5, 5:09 am, Øyvind <oyvind.anton...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> The Ultimate II will support ethernet via a usb dongle if I'm not
> mistaken tho.
>
> --
> Øyvind

Interesting idea - any idea if it would it still be an RR-NET clone?
From: Jonno Downes on

> Interesting idea - any idea if it would it still be an RR-NET clone?

Answering my own question : according to
http://1541ultimate.net/content/index.php?view=article&catid=1:production&id=33:progress20091106&tmpl=component&print=1&page=
the idea is to have the cs8900a cloned in the fpga, with a USB dongle
with just the physical ethernet interface in it.

Which would mean it would like to the c64 like a RR-NET still
From: Spiro Trikaliotis on
Hello,

just to get the history right:

Jonno Downes wrote:

> The "canonical" ethernet device for c64 is the "RR-NET"
[...]
> There are various stand-alone "clones" of the RR-NET,

In facth, the RR-NET is a clone of TFE (link already given by Markus
Grob: http://www.dunkels.com/adam/tfe/). Unfortunately, because of the
way the RR clockport (where the RR-NET is connected to) works, the
address decoding had to be changed. Thus, the RR-NET is not a drop-in
replacement for the TFE, programs have to be changed slightly.

It seems the original is forgotten, but the clone is considered being
the original. Weird world.

Regards,
Spiro.

--