From: John Phillips on
I am a relative newbie to Linux, just installed from a magazine Suse 10.2.

I have a few (simple, I hope) questions regarding several issues.

What is the best etiquette here - post all in one posting, or
individually?

All help greatly appreciated!
From: J G Miller on
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:41:36 +0000, John Phillips wrote:

> What is the best etiquette here - post all in one posting, or
> individually?

The simplest is to group your questions together according to
topic, and to number them and then put them all in one posting.

It is less time consuming to read and reply to one post with a number
of questions than to have to read several posts and reply to each
in turn.
From: Catman on
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:12:14 +0100, you wrote:

> > What is the best etiquette here - post all in one posting, or
> > individually?
>
> The simplest is to group your questions together according to
> topic, and to number them and then put them all in one posting.

ok, will do, thanks.
From: David Bolt on
On Sunday 28 Feb 2010 13:57, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> John Phillips wrote:
>> I am a relative newbie to Linux, just installed from a magazine Suse 10.2.
>
> I hope you mean 11.2

Given he's talking about KDE4.3.5 in another thread, he will be. Well,
unless someone's backported KDE4.3.5 to 10.2 and then added it to a
magazine cover disc.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M1 32b

From: J G Miller on
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:06:59 +0100, houghi wrote:

> However treads tend to focus on one thing.

And the proposed thread will be focussed on "A Few Beginner's Questions".

Pages: 1
Prev: KDE 4.4 Sucks Goats
Next: Suse 10.2 questions