From: John H Meyers on
On 3/6/2010 2:09 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:

> I was wondering if Eudora 8 brings some benefits compared to Eudora 7.

o "Eudora 8" is Thunderbird (version 3)

o Handles UTF-8 (all languages).

o Probably better at forwarding HTML messages.

o Less capable at filtering, searching, logging.

o Lacks other "classic" features.

o Also does newsgroups, RSS feeds.

o Has all new bugs.

Thanks to "Leave mail on server,"
and the fact that E8 and E7
install completely independent of one another,
you can use both at the same time, and decide what you prefer.

E8 and TB install programs separately,
but share the mail and settings (TB "profile")

From: James Egan on

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:58:48 -0500, Laura Fredericks
<anonomiss(a)CLOTHEShotmail.com> wrote:

>Lol. I never heard it called that. Did you come up with that name?

Hi Laura, it's been a long time. I still lurk around acv in the hope
that one day you'll brighten up the monotony of it all.

Jim x

From: Laura Fredericks on

--
Laura Fredericks
PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

Usenet Flamewars:
http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/usenet/

Remove CLOTHES to reply.
From: John H Meyers on
On 3/6/2010 8:42 AM, Jim Higgins wrote:

> I think we're looking at several more years of development
> before any recommendation to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8

"Eudora 8" is now caught up with the actual release of Thunderbird 3.

8.0b9 is now based on TB 3.0.1, very close to the current TB 3.0.3

http://www.eudora.com/betas/

Yes, it's just been updated today (6 March 2010)

You can alternate between TB3 and E8 if you wish;
each has its own set of program files,
but a common TB mail and settings "profile"

From: Mutlley on
I installed the new beta 9 and it imported every thing OK except my
filters. No idea how to get them to import. Downloaded 135 messages
all went to the Inbox and the filter area has no filters..