From: dr.goodbar on
EUDORA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience. Then when you click for more information I get

" AppName: eudora.exe AppVer: 7.1.0.9 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00d5cdb0 "

Can anyone tell me what this is about, how to get rid of it, and how
to avoid it?
I can't log on or anything! Thanky you. CBD

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:03:42 -0500, CBD wrote:

> "EUDORA has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

> Can anyone tell me what this is about, how to get rid of it,
> and how to avoid it? I can't log on or anything!

That is actually a Windows message, issued whenever an application crashes.

With so little additional information (not even your Windows version,
what might have happened when you last used Eudora or the computer
in general, nor what you are trying to do just before a new crash),
it would seem futile to guess at the cause.

You could select for yourself from one of these, however:
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/901hq.html

-[ ]-
From: Robert G. Eldridge on
On 29 Apr 2007 15:03:42 -0700, dr.goodbar(a)gmail.com wrote:

> EUDORA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
>for the inconvenience. Then when you click for more information I get
>

> " AppName: eudora.exe AppVer: 7.1.0.9 ModName: unknown
>ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00d5cdb0 "
>
> Can anyone tell me what this is about, how to get rid of it, and how
>to avoid it?
> I can't log on or anything! Thanky you. CBD

I sometimes find this happening with Eudora 6.2 and typically it seems
to be when I'm trying to open some mail.

If you want to read the offending email but can't open it then detete
the contents of your Trash mailbox then move the offending email to
that mailbox (Transfer/Trash menu), close Eudora and then open the
Trash.mbx file in a text editor (Notepad if you must) and read the
email.

I suspect the issue is Eudora trying to fathom some convoluted dogs
breakfast of an excuse for HTML generated by some Windows application
like Outlook Express (aka Outhouse Excuse).

--
Bob

Pages: 1
Prev: Multiple In.Mbx's