From: csmdave on
I have an In.mbx, In.mbx.001 and In.mbx.002 (as well as In.Toc, etc) -
the question is why and should they be combined into one - and if so - how?
I'm using XP and Eudora 6.2.3.4 Paid.
TIA
csmdave
From: Alex on
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:00:59 -0400, csmdave <csmdave(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have an In.mbx, In.mbx.001 and In.mbx.002 (as well as In.Toc, etc) -
>the question is why and should they be combined into one - and if so - how?
>I'm using XP and Eudora 6.2.3.4 Paid.
>TIA
>csmdave

In.mbx and In.toc are the current mailbox and its table of contents.
The ones with .001 and .002 are the first and second previous versions
of the in box files. If you have a crash this gives you backups of
your two most recent versions.

You will see the same sets of files for your Out mailbox.

Alex
From: John H Meyers on
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:00:59 -0500, csmdave wrote:

> I have an In.mbx, In.mbx.001 and In.mbx.002 (as well as In.Toc, etc) -
> the question is why and should they be combined into one - and if so - how?

The numbered files are automatic backups
(which started with Eudora version 6):

"How can I backup and restore my In and Out mailboxes"
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2651hq.html

-[ ]-
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:10:06 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:00:59 -0500, csmdave wrote:
>
>> I have an In.mbx, In.mbx.001 and In.mbx.002 (as well as In.Toc, etc) -
>> the question is why and should they be combined into one - and if so - how?
>
>The numbered files are automatic backups
>(which started with Eudora version 6):
>
>"How can I backup and restore my In and Out mailboxes"
>http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2651hq.html

In addition to what what that article says:

The default number of automatic backups is 2, but you can change that
with this Option:

<X-Eudora-Option:InOutBackups>

Copy the line and paste it in the body of a new message in Eudora. Hit
enter once, then alt-click the link and enter your preference in the
"New Value" field of the "Change Option" window that appears.

--

Ajo Wissink

Pages: 1
Prev: Eudora 3.0.5 Problem