From: Joe Makowiec on
On 20 Mar 2010 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, jetjock wrote:

> I just installed Win 7 Ultimate and am using Eudora 6.2. It almost
> always takes at least two or more attempts at retrieving email from
> the server before Eudora will make a connection. Does anyone else have
> this problem or is it just the Uverse att.yahoo.com mail server?

I had 7.1 installed on 7 Enterprise and had no such problems with a
couple of different mail servers.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
From: Don Wiss on
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:47:58 -0500, jetjock <jetjock(a)hanger.com> wrote:

>I just installed Win 7 Ultimate and am using Eudora 6.2. It almost
>always takes at least two or more attempts at retrieving email from
>the server before Eudora will make a connection. Does anyone else have
>this problem or is it just the Uverse att.yahoo.com mail server?

I have 7.1 installed in Win-7 64 bit Pro and have no problems. Why are you
using 6.2?

From: John H Meyers on
On 3/22/2010 1:34 PM:

> What advantages [has "Paid" mode] over "sponsored" mode?

"Difference between Paid and Sponsored Mode" (features)
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2763hq.html

From: John H Meyers on
On 3/23/2010 10:00 AM:

> no ads in paid mode.

No ads for the past three years, even in "Sponsored" mode.

With no ads being delivered,
the "Ad" window can be detached and "hidden" even in "Sponsored" mode,
but of course a "Paid" registration is even better.

"Light" mode also removes the "Ad" Window, FWIW,
if you are not interested in all the extra features.