From: Bella on
I am getting this event every 15 mins in event viewer:

Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SERVER]"
- Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=[DOMAIN]
Limited/OU=KEL_DOM/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}.
Error: -2147221231

There seem to be a few posts, but none with a solution that works for
me. Microsoft have confirmed it as a problem
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 but say
it is fixed in SP2.

I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 + latest hotfixes 16/8/04 native, 2k
domain with 2003 & 2000 servers - all SP's applied. There are no other
obvious symtoms, except the exchange server seems to be bottlenecking
every now and again and users are getting "connecting to exchange..."
messages.

There are some posts about a disabled account - but I only have 2
disabled accounts within my domain - both are not even worth
mentioning.

Any suggestions - brick wall is beginning to break under the weight of
my head!!!

Many thanks

BB
From: Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273448 indicates
that you can try to rebuild RUS to solve this.

You may also want to go ahead and remove the Exchange attributes from the
disabled accounts. If the mailboxes for those accounts contain mail, then
you can use Exmerge to export it, then delete the mailbox.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

From: Bella on
I have followed these steps - thanks, and have had no events YET!
however, the 1022's seemed to stop the day after I posted my first
message (typical!) BUT I have since noticed that there were
accompanying warning messages:

Event 9548
Disabled user /O=Organization/OU=DOMAIN/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}
does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to
set an active account as this user's master account.

For more information, click

There are no exchange enabled disabled accounts.

I have had no events of 1022 or 9548 since completing your suggestion,
SO here is hoping. Many thanks for your help.

//(*_*)\\