From: rg on
Hello all -

Why would I all the sudden start receiving this event? I rebuilt my Exchange
server back in February. Here is the specific text...

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203A' in its DS
Monitoring thread.

Exchange 2003 Standard, Windows 2003 Server
Active Directory (Win2k)

I'm stumped.

- RG

From: Neil Hobson [MVP] on
A quick Google search reveals some potentially useful information from
Microsoft:

The error code you are seeing translates to DS server down. Are you well
connected to your DC/GCs? If you look on the directory access tab when you
bring up the properties of the Exchange server from Exchange System Manager
what servers are listed there?

If instead of auto-discovering the servers on this tab you set to a
particular DC/GC/Config server does the event go away?

Run a netdiag from the Exchange 2003 server. Are you failing any of the
tests?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP