From: Carlos1815 on
How do I clear out the EventLastmatched variable? I have an
authorware file that uses a flash movie with a button (in the flash),
and when the movie ends, the flash sends an fscommand to authorware,
and the forward button in authorware is enabled in order for the
student to continue on after viewing the Flash movie. The trouble is,
with authorware set to resume, when a student exits the lesson, which
creates the .rec file, and then goes back into the authorware lesson,
and then tries to run a flash movie, the authorware file crashes as
the fscommand is being sent in from the swf file. I've been going
crazy trying to figure this out, and I've narrowed it down to the .rec
file and the fscommand being sent in causing the crash. Deleting
the .rec file before re-entry into the lesson (yet erasing all the
bookmarking) keeps the authorware from crashing, but that can't be
done every time, otherwise, what's the point of bookmarking!? When
the authorware is set to restart, I never have this problem for pretty
much the same reason; no .rec file keeping variables that choke upon
the fscommand. Trouble is, a lot of these lessons have to be set to
resume to initiate student bookmarking.

I'm guessing that maybe since the SenderID in EventLastMatched changes
every time the swf file sends the fscommand, maybe it runs into an
issue where the SenderID that was saved on the .rec file (however that
works...) when the student exited the lesson isn't the same as when
the student re-enters the lesson and plays the swf file (any swf file,
actually) again. I was hoping that maybe somehow clearing out the
EventLastMatched variable will keep the authorware from choking on the
fscommand. Thoughts? Am I wrong?

Has anyone ever had this problem with Authorware 7.02 (set to resume),
externally located SWF files published as Flash player 9, and using
the ActiveX control? I really need to find an answer to this problem,
thanks in advance!

Carlos

Pages: 1
Prev: passing variable in packaged piece