From: RegTheDonk on
Hi all,

I'm trying to pass a variable from one packaged executable to another. It
works fine using the JumpFile command when its going to another AW file
thus:

JumpFile(FileLocation^"\\myprog.a7p", "myvariable","")

However, when I change it thus and package it as an executable, the .exe
does run, but the variable doesn't get passed....

JumpFile(FileLocation^"\\myprog.exe", "myvariable","")

I'm presuming the variable WILL get passed in packaged pieces, and I'm doing
something wrong? Thanks for any advice guys :-)

Reg.

From: Steve on
On Feb 24, 8:37 am, "RegTheDonk" <regthed...(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to pass a variable from one packaged executable to another.  It
> works fine using the JumpFile command when its going to another AW file
> thus:
>
> JumpFile(FileLocation^"\\myprog.a7p", "myvariable","")
>
> However, when I change it thus and package it as an executable, the .exe
> does run, but the variable doesn't get passed....
>
> JumpFile(FileLocation^"\\myprog.exe", "myvariable","")
>
> I'm presuming the variable WILL get passed in packaged pieces, and I'm doing
> something wrong?  Thanks for any advice guys :-)
>
> Reg.

Does the variable you are passing exist in the .exe you are passing it
to?