From: jj_in_atlanta on
this issue cropped up again in the last week or so. Users notified me of the
problem today, and when I looked at the server app log I see that the errors
have been going on for a couple of weeks, just not bad enought for anyone to
advise me.

I wound up restarting the SharePoint timer service (owstimer.exe), and the
problem instantly disappeared. I've now scheduled a restart of this service
once a week and we'll see if that eliminates the problem for good.

Hope that helps someone.