From: rsdn on
Hi

I am writing a KMDF driver for a USB device that is remote wakeup capable.
But EvtDeviceArmWakeFromSx is never called when I go to standby. I have
registered

EvtDeviceArmWakeFromS0, EvtDeviceDisarmWakeFromS0 ,
EvtDeviceWakeFromS0Triggered, EvtDeviceArmWakeFromSx
,EvtDeviceDisarmWakeFromSx , EvtDeviceWakeFromSxTriggered

Also another thing I noticed is I see the power management tab in the Device
Manager, but there are no registry entries created to reflect this.

What should I do to get EvtDeviceArmWakeFromSx called?

Regards
Sumithra
From: Doron Holan [MS] on
did you call WdfDeviceAssignSxWakeSettings to enable wake from Sx? Did you
call WdfDeviceAssignS0IdleSettings to idle out while in S0? If so, is your
host controller capable of waking from all Sx states?

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

From: rsdn on
Yes I did call WdfDeviceAssignSxWakeSettings to enable wake from Sx and also
use WdfDeviceAssignS0IdleSettings with 10s timeout. How do I determine that
the host controller is capable of waking from all Sx states. I can wake the
system with other PS2 keyboard, mouse as well as a USB mouse.

Regards
Sumithra

From: Doron Holan [MS] on
in xp sp2 and later, open up the properties of the HC and your device and
look at the details tab. select the power caps from the list.

From: Doron Holan [MS] on
did either Assign (wake or idle) calls return !NT_SUCCESS? each queries the
caps of the device before return NT_SUCCESS, so that should not be the
issue. when arming for idle, are you specifying IdleUsbSelectiveSuspend in
your settings?

what OS is this on?