From: Dev on
Hi,

I am a newbie in the area.

By looking at the sample Ramdisk came with WDK, I am confused. Is it a bus
driver? a filter driver? or a mini-filter driver?

Would someone explain this a bit more details?

Thanks in advance.
From: Don Burn on
No it is not a filter driver and definitely not a mini-filter which is a
file system filter driver since this is a block storage device and not
anything to do with files (except as a place they reside on). To quote
from the descrition file in the example:

"This sample demonstrates how to write a PnP software only function driver
using Windows Driver Framework."

As it says above it is a function driver.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting