From: Scotty on
I am using Excel 2003 and within a new spread sheet that I am creating I have
2 cells with dates in them. 1 cell is the date that the equipment was
inspected and the other cell is the date that the equipment needs re
inspection.
When this spread sheet is completed I would like to only change the date in
the inspection date cell and if available there be a formula to automatically
change the retest date.

From: T. Valko on
Ok, so what is the frequency for a retest?

Let's assume the retest is due in 7 days. Just add 7 days to the inspection
date.

A1 = inspection date
B1 = formula

=IF(A1="","",A1+7)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Matt Geare on
Hi Scotty,

This is possible. At it's simplest if the retest date is 100 days later the
formula in the retest date cell would be = inspection date cell + 100.

There are many date related functions that can be used to refine this
process, for example EOMONTH which is useful for returning dates at the "End
of the Month".

If you would like to be more specific about the relationship between the
inspection date and the retest date I'm sure you will find additional help
here, else you might want to explore the date related functions on your own.

All the Best,

Matt