From: Jannoth on
In previous versions of Excel, if I added A,B,C,D,E to the first few rows of
a column then dragged the AutoFill handle downwards, Excel would have
recognised a pattern and suggested the remaining values for me.

In 2007, if recognises the values but suggestions simply start from A again,
so I'd get A,B,C,D,E,F,A,B,C etc. Not what I want.

Can someone please suggest what I'm doing wrong - as this used to be a great
feature which saved me hours of time.

Thanks

From: Mike H on
Hi,

Office Button|Excel Options|Popular - Edit custom lists

Create a custom list of the letters of the alphabet
--
Mike

question.

From: Luke M on
This is untrue for previous versions. XL can only autocomplete alpha lists
that have been stored in its group of lists (such as months and days).

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Let's say you want the series to start from cell A4. In cell A4, enter
=CHAR(ROW()+61) and copy down

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Gord Dibben on
See other replies for creating custom lists.

Note lists are case-sensitive

you must create two lists

one with upper case A,B,C

one with lower case a,b,c

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 05:38:01 -0700, Jannoth