From: Nadine on
Running Vista Enterprise, Office 2007

Excel 2007 - sharing a workbook
file saved to a network drive.
File worked with no problems in 2003 on XP

Users open file make changes and try to save - receives errors:
either - File is Locked
or
"The document was saved successfully, but Excel cannot re-open it because of
a sharing violation. Please close the document and try to open it again."

Changes done by current or other users are not getting saved
Even though it says it's been saved if reopen changes are not there.

From: Arceedee on
Various thoughts come to mind.

Are users accessing a shared file or have they copied it to their personal
drive. Is the file showing as a shared file.

Simple things but matters I have encountered with shared documents on a
common drive.

From: Nadine on
Shared worbook - using the share workbook functiions under the Review Tab,
Saved on shared network drive, same permissions to both.