From: Hansvb on
I'm sharing Excel and word 2007 files on a SBS2008 server.
Alle computers are windows XP with Office 2007 installed.
When the users open an excel document they sometimes get File is locked by
'another user'.
Disabled & removed antivirus software on server & client but that didn't
resolve the issue.

When i move the excel file to a Windows Server 2003 share and let the users
open the file there they also get the message File is locked by 'username'.
But now it mentions the username and not 'by another user', so i guess it
has something todo with SBS2008/WinServ2008 installation
Anyone found a solution for this issue ? I know i can open computer
management on the server but it would be nice the user could see who is
locking the file without asking the admin