From: Jen on
Hi All,
I've got a webpage with a drop down menu which provides links to various
Excel And Word documents. It works extremely well with Word but when you view
an Excel document and then click the 'Back' button to return to the webpage,
Excel doesn't shut down the way Word does. I can get back to the webpage but
it seems to leave Excel open and when another user comes along to view a
different Excel file, the system just hangs instead of opening the new file.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

Thanks guys,
Jen
From: Jen on

"Jen" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I've got a webpage with a drop down menu which provides links to various
> Excel And Word documents. It works extremely well with Word but when you view
> an Excel document and then click the 'Back' button to return to the webpage,
> Excel doesn't shut down the way Word does. I can get back to the webpage but
> it seems to leave Excel open and when another user comes along to view a
> different Excel file, the system just hangs instead of opening the new file.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.
>
> Thanks guys,
> Jen

Hi again....i've got a small update on the problem. It only seems to occur
when the Excel file is set to 'Read Only'. Normal unprotected Excel files
open and close normally. I'm still stuck if anyone can help

Thanks,
Jen