From: Ferdy on
I daily populate a sheet sent to me with answers (time & dates) of 1,2 or 3
star items, the 3 star items I manually fill with a certain colour. Is there
any way of filling a row that contains a cell with 3 stars automatically with
a designated colour. In this example colour filling the whole row because one
of the cells contains ***

15-May bx3008 aaaaaaaaaaaa *** bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ccccccc

From: Bernard Liengme on
Select all the data - I will assume each row foes fro A to G and that the
data starts on row 1
In the conditional formatting dialog use this formula
=COUNTIF($A1$:G1,"*~*~*~")
The ~ are needed to tell Excel not to treat * as a wildcard
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Dave Peterson on
I think Bernard meant:

=COUNTIF($A1$:G1,"~*~*~*")

(slightly different order. ~* will represent that asterisk character.)

On 05/15/2010 08:05, Bernard Liengme wrote:
> Select all the data - I will assume each row foes fro A to G and that
> the data starts on row 1
> In the conditional formatting dialog use this formula
> =COUNTIF($A1$:G1,"*~*~*~")
> The ~ are needed to tell Excel not to treat * as a wildcard
> best wishes

Pages: 1
Prev: Search for cell value
Next: Sort by Colour