From: Linda on
Is there any way to use Excel as a form for data entry and have the enter
and/or tab key take you to the next cell for data entry when the next cell.
Specifically, I have a form setup and it has merged fields at different
places. I need the ability to enter across a line and at the end of that
line for the next enter or tab to take me back to column A on the next
unlocked cell. Is this possible?
From: JLatham on
Make sure the cells you need to tab to are Unlocked. Once that is done,
protecte the sheet (with or without a password) and clear the check box next
to "Select Locked Cells".
Once that's done, tabbing will move you left to right then down. [Enter]
will move you according to the settings in: Excel Options, [Edit] tab and the
"Move Selection after Enter" setting.

From: Gord Dibben on
Jerry

Note the "merged fields"

Tabbing to unlocked cells on a protected sheet goes out the window when you
have merged cells.

Depending upon which cells are merged Tab can get stuck on a row and never
move down.

Gord

From: Gord Dibben on
Depends on how the cells are merged.