From: Hadi on
Experts,

I have been importing excel data to Project for years and never seen this
problem. Today I was helping one of our users to import a list of assignments
from Excel to a project schedule. We opened the excel file and went through
the import wizard until we got to Finish. it went through but no data came
in. I tried the same excel and same project files on my computer and
everything worked fine. I did see that he did not have the "allow files with
legacy format to open", but when I checked it didnt help either. what ami
missing

Hadi
From: JulieS on
Hadi,

What did you set as the merge key? Can you give us more details
about the merge fields you are using?

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
What're you using for the Primary Key? Is it possible that got changed on
the user machine?

From: Hadi on
This was an Append taks or Merge so I did not use a merge key, plus i took
the same project schedule and excel sheet, tried it on my machine and work
perfectly

From: JulieS on
If it works fine on your computer and does not function on
another, I've got to guess it is not specific to Project. Things
to check:
Same version of Excel?
Same SP to Excel and Project?
Same OS?