From: AMH on
I am struggling to create an export map to export resource information. I
have no problem creating a map for Gantt chart information and use this
regularly, but I want to be able to export information with respect to
resources and in particular the Resource Usage View.
Currently I can get the information using copy from the Resource Usage view
and paste into excel, but this is very time consuming on multiple projects.
Therefore is there any way I can map the following information in the same
format as the Resource Usage View :

Task Summary Name Resource Name Max Units Work (in days)

The in the detail against each task (on right side of screen) I need work in
days per day

Hope this makes sense and any assistance appreciated

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Have you tried saving to Excel, triggering the Export Wizard, and then
selecting Assignment data?

From: JulieS on
Hello AMH,
You cannot export time-phased assignment data (like the Resource
Usage view) through an export map.

You can export top level resource information if you are using
Project 2003 with the "Analyze Time-scaled data in Excel" button
on the Analysis toolbar.

If you are using Project 2007, you may create a visual report and
have an Excel pivot table.

The other option is to export the data through VBA code. Fellow
MVP, Rod Gill's excellent book is excerpted on MSDN. See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355231%28v=office.12%29.aspx

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project