From: Rory on
Using Outlook 2003, XP & Office 2003.

I have to send a bunch of Excel files (typically around 10) to a
supplier every week. They are sequentially numbered (purchase orders)
and the order number is part of the file name.

I attach them and everything looks fine. Then I send them and look in
the sent box and one or two of the files will have renamed themselves
using the names of other files! So if they were numbered 1 to 10,
they would have changed to 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 7,7, 9, 10 for example.

If you open the attachments, they're fine - depite the name change,
the contents are correct.

My supplier has got used to it now, but I'm baffled. Is there any
obvious explanation?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Rory" <Rory_Fire(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Using Outlook 2003, XP & Office 2003.
>
> I have to send a bunch of Excel files (typically around 10) to a
> supplier every week. They are sequentially numbered (purchase orders)
> and the order number is part of the file name.
>
> I attach them and everything looks fine. Then I send them and look in
> the sent box and one or two of the files will have renamed themselves
> using the names of other files! So if they were numbered 1 to 10,
> they would have changed to 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 7,7, 9, 10 for example.
>
> If you open the attachments, they're fine - depite the name change,
> the contents are correct.

It could be an interaction with files currently in the Outlook Secure Temp
folder. Empty it and see if that helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Rory on
Thanks, but that seems to deal with incoming files? None of files
I'm sending appear in that folder.

This isn't a new thing - it's been happening for a couple of years,
but the staff I send them to keep changing and it always causes a
problem until the learn to ignore the file names that look duplicated
and just go ahead and open them anyway.