From: Scoop on
Excel file is slow. Size of file is 1,586 KB. When I open it the task
manager reports 667,543 kb. The information is from A1 to R66 with only one
line of Totals and one line of Percentage change from previous week.

I have copy/paste special the data into a new file with a new name, but
still the same results.

This is the only file, and near smallest, of about 50 - 60 files I work with
regularly. It is the only file with this problem.

What is the solution? thank you
From: Dennis Tucker on
One thing that can add to the file size and slow down your system is a
massive amount of worksheet functions. Like IF functions that are currently
returning null strings. Another possibility is that the workbook contains
links to external data(other workbooks or the internet).