Prev: Excel file slow
Next: excell
From: Bowmanator on
i'm working on a shipping log that i do now by hand and would like to
automate if possible. every load equals 1,000 and alot of the loads are split
loads.

a b c d e
1 date amount previous current total
2 3/10 2053 1000
3 1000
4 53
5 3/11 1019 53 947 1000
6 72
7 3/12 3000 72 928 1000
8 1000
9 1000
10 72

in this example it shows what i need to equal 1,000 and if there's over
1,000 left of that run i'd like the next line to show 1,000 and so on until i
can't make a full load of 1,000.

hope this sounds right
thanks
From: Otto Moehrbach on
What is the sequence of events? You say you want to automate this. What
comes first? Detail what you enter and then what you want Excel to do (the
automate part). Then what happens next? The next date row maybe?
In short, Excel is dumb and it needs to know what is the trigger to make it
automate something. Maybe any entry in Column B? It might help if you
provide the series of steps you must do when you do this manually. Remember
that you are talking to people who know nothing about what you have or want
to have. HTH Otto

From: Bowmanator on

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

> What is the sequence of events? You say you want to automate this. What
> comes first? Detail what you enter and then what you want Excel to do (the
> automate part). Then what happens next? The next date row maybe?
> In short, Excel is dumb and it needs to know what is the trigger to make it
> automate something. Maybe any entry in Column B? It might help if you
> provide the series of steps you must do when you do this manually. Remember
> that you are talking to people who know nothing about what you have or want
> to have. HTH Otto
>
> "Bowmanator" <Bowmanator(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i'm working on a shipping log that i do now by hand and would like to
> > automate if possible. every load equals 1,000 and alot of the loads are
> > split
> > loads.
> >
> > a b c d e
> > 1 date amount previous current total
> > 2 3/10 2053 1000
> > 3 1000
> > 4 53
> > 5 3/11 1019 53 947 1000
> > 6 72
> > 7 3/12 3000 72 928 1000
> > 8 1000
> > 9 1000
> > 10 72
> >
> > in this example it shows what i need to equal 1,000 and if there's over
> > 1,000 left of that run i'd like the next line to show 1,000 and so on
> > until i
> > can't make a full load of 1,000.
> >
> > hope this sounds right
> > thanks
>
> .
> what i'm doing here is trying to keep track of how many full truck loads i can ship before i run out of product that was ran on a certain day. then the next load will be a split load.

ex: on 3/10 we ran 2053 cases, that allows me to ship 2 full loads of that
days run leaving 53 cases left,
on 3/11 we run 1019 so in order to ship a full load of 1,000 i'll need the
53 cases left over from 3/10 plus 947 caes from 3/11 to equal 1000. then it
shows a balance of 72 let over from 3/11

hope this sounds better

thanks
From: Bowmanator on

From: Herbert Seidenberg on