Prev: Excel file slow
Next: excell
From: John on
Hi Bowmanator
How is it going,
I "think" I got it this time, If you can't get it with the macro,
post back and I will post the link to the file.
Regards
John

From: Bowmanator on
Thanks, i'm waiting on otto's email response. you can send it if you want.

From: John on
Hi Bowmanator
This one looks good but check it good.
BTW, I would use Otto's macro if you've got it, because you won't have to worry
about all those formulas in the cells.
It's a cleaner approach.
I know VBA just enough to be dangerous!!! still learning.
http://cjoint.com/?dspvG4GQ5F

From: Otto Moehrbach on
I responded to your post where you asked about changing the code, and asked
you a question. Did you see that? Otto

From: Bowmanator on
Sorry, i totally missed your reply.

This is a long post showing the way i do it now.

right now my manual log looks nothing like what i'm trying to pull off with
this.
the way it looks if i want to keep using the example in my first post i'll
have to add yet another column incase
i run into a 3 split load.

right now all i do is take the production and break it down in to loads.

an example would be like this, going off the production log

Production log
Date Lot# Amount
2/8/10 123 450
2/9/10 124 200
2/10/10 125 1250
2/14/10 126 1580
2/15/10 127 500
2/16/10 128 3175

now going off the production log above my shipping log as of now looks like
this.

Shipping Log

Load # Date Lot # Amount
shipped
1 2/16/10 123 450
124 200
125 350
2 2/18/10 125 900
126 100
3 2/19/10 126 1000
4 2/21/10 126 480
128 20
6 2/22/10 128 1000
7 2/22/10 128 1000
8 2/22/10 128 1000

sorry for all the grief i'm causing, i think i'm making it more complicated
then necessary.
I'm just trying to come up with something that i can just type in one number
and it'll do the rest.

I'm not cometed to anything yet, so if you guys can come up with something
that's simple and sweet i'm all for it.

Thanks

PS. if this is to much trouble i understand, no hard feelings.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

> I responded to your post where you asked about changing the code, and asked
> you a question. Did you see that? Otto
>
> "Bowmanator" <Bowmanator(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i'm working on a shipping log that i do now by hand and would like to
> > automate if possible. every load equals 1,000 and alot of the loads are
> > split
> > loads.
> >
> > a b c d e
> > 1 date amount previous current total
> > 2 3/10 2053 1000
> > 3 1000
> > 4 53
> > 5 3/11 1019 53 947 1000
> > 6 72
> > 7 3/12 3000 72 928 1000
> > 8 1000
> > 9 1000
> > 10 72
> >
> > in this example it shows what i need to equal 1,000 and if there's over
> > 1,000 left of that run i'd like the next line to show 1,000 and so on
> > until i
> > can't make a full load of 1,000.
> >
> > hope this sounds right
> > thanks