From: Wilson L. on
Yes, we're still on Exchange 2000. Recently, our Outlook 2003 cached users
haven't been getting the GAL updates in their offline address book. In
Exchange, We are getting an error generating the offline address book (event
9300) and cannot rebuild (does nothing) nor create a new one (does not
replicate to public folders). Outlook 2003 users who "Download Address
Book" do not receive any errors.

I have verified that the Offline Address List in the mailstore is pointing
to the existing "Default Offline Address List".
I have verified that the Public Folder exists
"/o=name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List" and OAB
Version 2
I have verified that Default Offline Address List is "set as default"
I have verified that Default Offline Address List contains the Default
Global Address List

When viewing the Offline Address Book folder in the Public Folders store, I
get an error
"There is no such object on the server"
Facility: LDAP Provider
ID no: 80072030
Exchange System Manager

System Event recorded
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9300
Date: 12/13/2007
Time: 12:22:11 PM
User: N/A
Computer: KENMAIL2K
Failed to generate offline Address Book, error '80072030'

Offline Address Book Is Missing and Cannot Be Generated in Microsoft
Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286328

XADM: Troubleshooting Failure to Generate Offline Address Book Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177763

Event ID 9301 is logged in the application event log, and you cannot rebuild
the Offline Address List after you delete an address list object in Exchange
Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842032

OABInteg and how to use it to troubleshoot OAB generation issues.
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2005/08/28/oabinteg-and-how-to-use-it-to-troubleshoot-oab-generation-issues.aspx

From: Wilson L. on
I rebooted the server and was able to rebuild the new offline address list.
Seems to be working now.