From: randy on
I am having a problem getting this to work. I had to uninstall and reinstall
IIS and Exchange yesterday and have got everything back up and running except
requests to http://mail.domain.com do not redirect to
https://mail.domain.com/exchange.

I have got requests that go to https://mail.domain.com to redirect to
/exchange, but not HTTP.

I have followed the steps in KB555053 with no luck. I had this working
before and can not figure this out.

On my default web site, I have it pointing to a directory below the URL
entered and have /exchange listed. I have my SSL cert installed and working.
When going to HTTP it gives me a 403 forbidden message. Here is a copy of my
owahttps.asp file which should be handling the redirection. Any and all help
on this will be appreciated. thanks.

<%
If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then
Dim strSecureURL
strSecureURL = "https://"
strSecureURL = strSecureURL & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")
strSecureURL = strSecureURL & "/exchange"
Response.Redirect strSecureURL
End If
%>
From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on
"randy" <randy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem getting this to work. I had to uninstall and
>reinstall
> IIS and Exchange yesterday and have got everything back up and running
> except
> requests to http://mail.domain.com do not redirect to
> https://mail.domain.com/exchange.
>
> I have got requests that go to https://mail.domain.com to redirect to
> /exchange, but not HTTP.
>
> I have followed the steps in KB555053 with no luck. I had this working
> before and can not figure this out.
>
> On my default web site, I have it pointing to a directory below the URL
> entered and have /exchange listed. I have my SSL cert installed and
> working.
> When going to HTTP it gives me a 403 forbidden message. Here is a copy of
> my
> owahttps.asp file which should be handling the redirection. Any and all
> help
> on this will be appreciated. thanks.
>
> <%
> If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then
> Dim strSecureURL
> strSecureURL = "https://"
> strSecureURL = strSecureURL &
> Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")
> strSecureURL = strSecureURL & "/exchange"
> Response.Redirect strSecureURL
> End If
> %>

This combination doesn't work if you require SSL on the entire Default Web
Site. It only works if you require SSL only on the Exchange VDir.

Lee.

--

Outlook Web Access for PDA, OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

From: randy on
Ok, so can you help me figure out how to correct the problem?

I removed Require SSL on the default website and made sure Require SSL was
on the Exchange vdir, and it still does not work.

From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on
That should have fixed it. So what happens now when you go to
http://mail.domain.com ?