From: Paul on
I keep getting these errors in the event log that seem to temporarily lock up the Exchange 2003 Information Store. Users
get e-mail stuck in their outbox and sometimes receive NDR's. It only last a few minutes at a time but the NDR's are a
problem.

Event ID 3007

Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [e2k3server.internal.local] User: [John.Doe(a)fabrikam.com]. Exchange
ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange
mailbox Server is working correctly and is not overloaded.

Event ID 3014

The Exchange mailbox Server: [e2k3mailbox.internal.local] has reached its timeout threshold. The mailbox server will be
protected from new requests for [60] seconds.

I've checked everything I can think of:

- Updated all firmware, drivers on the system.
- Checked for storage/IO errors - none (No system log errors at all)
- Verified network connectivity and DC/GC roles

Has anyone else encountered this?

--Paul
From: Mark Fugatt [MSFT] on
I would suggest you do the following:

1. Run an ExBPA against the server and resolve any issues highlighted.
2. Use PAL to collect and analyze performance data from the Exchange server,
you can get PAL from www.codeplex.com

This does sounds like a performance issue.

--
Mark Fugatt
Premier Field Engineer - Unified Communications

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights