From: Clovis on
I had same problem. In my case it was IPv6 disabled.

I just enable it and all things works again.

P wrote:

Exchange 2007 - Event ID 2114
07-Sep-07

Afternoon all,

Having some trouble with resolving an error displayed at regular intervals
in the event log referring to Exchange 2007, which is currently installed as
a single server installation on a member server in a domain. The event ID
being experience is 2114 - which attempting to read through the usual TechNet
KB - I have not been able to resolve it.

Source: MSExchange ADAccess

The error as displayed in the error log is as follows:
--------------------------------
Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=1232). Topology discovery
failed, error 0x8007077f (Local Error). Look up the Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol (LDAP) error code specified in the event description. To do
this, use Microsoft Knowledge Base article 218185, "Microsoft LDAP Error
Codes." Use the information in that article to learn more about the cause and
resolution to this error. Use the Ping or PathPing command-line tools to test
network connectivity to local domain controllers.
--------------------------------

As previously mentioned, this particular issue is a regular occurance,
however after investigating the usual DNS entries and Network Adapter IP
announcements to DNS - still I am having the same issue.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated, and any ideas welcome.

PL

On Friday, September 07, 2007 1:26 PM
P wrote:

Exchange 2007 - Event ID 2114
[...]

On Monday, September 10, 2007 9:10 AM
Rene Frenger wrote:

Re: Exchange 2007 - Event ID 2114
Maybe this:
The specific error 0x8007077f in the message field will occur if the subnet
in
which the Exchange server resides is not associated with a Site in Active
Directory
Sites and Services.

To solve this:
1. Click Start, click Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Active
Directory Sites and Services.
2. Double-click the Sites node that corresponds to the Site where the
Exchange
Server resides, and then right-click Subnets.
3. Click New Subnet on the shortcut menu.
4. Type the IP address, and the subnet mask of the subnet, and then click
Default-First-Site-Name on the Site Name list. Click OK to close the New
Object-Subnet dialog box

--

Regards,

Rene Frenger

"PL" <PL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, September 10, 2007 12:42 PM
P wrote:

Hi Rene,THanks for the input, however the actual exchange box sites on the
Hi Rene,

THanks for the input, however the actual exchange box sites on the next IP
along from the Domain Controller. Eg. 192.168.1.10 for the DC, 192.168.1.11
for Exch.

Have tried the usual DNS entries etc- which is why I am kind of stuck on
this one.

P.

"Rene Frenger" wrote:

..NET Compact Framework Missing DataTable .Copy()
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6c88e324-5907-49d7-af14-841b27bdddb2/net-compact-framework-mi.aspx