From: Troy Bruder on
I inadvertently set a HTTP redirect on my Exchange 2007 / IIS7 server on the
Default Website and let it apply to all inherited virtual directories.
Whoopsie. I was able to simply turn off the redirect on MOST of the virtual
directories, but there are a bunch that generate an error when I click Apply
changes: Exadmin, Exchange, Exchweb, Public,

Error: Cannot write configuration file.

Help!! Any ideas for me?

Troy

From: milind.naphade on
Why don�t you go ahead and paste the bunch of errors that you get while
applying the changes? you may also want to rename the internal and
confidential information.

if "Cannot write to configuration file" is the only error message you see
then probably you are missing on looking at application logs and the IIS
logs as well.

Thanks

From: Troy Bruder on
OK... here's the error when I try to turn off the redirect on the Public:

There was an error while performing this operation.

Details:

Filename: \\?\BackOfficeStorage\our-public-domain-name.com\Public
Folders\web.config

Error: Cannot write configuration file.

Which logs details should i look for?

Troy

From: milind.naphade on
Ok... you can not write to that file because there is no such location
available on the physical drive of you server. If you have the path should
be \\?\BackofficeStorage\<yourADdomainName>\Public Folders. You can edit
this path into the properties of the each virtual directory you have
problems with and then save the changes manually. Restart IIS and see if you
can get your OWA working. As far as I understand it, it must have broken OWA
on your exchange server as well. I was referring to were the w3svc and
HTTPERR logs.

From: Troy Bruder on
I'm confused... What are you asking me to try? These virtuals were all
setup during a fresh installation of Win2k8 and Exchange 2k7 SP1.