From: GoTrojans on
Does a Exchange 2007 CAS server have to be in the same Active Directory site
as the Exchange 2007 mailbox server? When I say site, I mean sites as
defined in Sites and Services.

I have a CAS server at our Colo site, and I haven't relocated our Exchange
2007 mailbox DR solution at the Colo yet. When I test OWA, OWA doesn't work.
My understanding is that there needs to be a mailbox server at the Colo in
addition to the CAS server. Yes?

Thanks

Ron
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:37:01 -0700, GoTrojans
<GoTrojans(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does a Exchange 2007 CAS server have to be in the same Active Directory site
>as the Exchange 2007 mailbox server? When I say site, I mean sites as
>defined in Sites and Services.

Yes.

>I have a CAS server at our Colo site, and I haven't relocated our Exchange
>2007 mailbox DR solution at the Colo yet. When I test OWA, OWA doesn't work.

That's not surprising.

> My understanding is that there needs to be a mailbox server at the Colo in
>addition to the CAS server. Yes?

No, there needs to be a CAS in the AD site with the mailbox server
role. That CAS shouldn't have an external URL so the colo CAS will
proxy (not redirect) connections.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP