From: Andrew Hodgson on
Hi,

Does anyone know whether an Exchange 2010 edge server can work with a
2007 HT server with regards an edge subscription? There will probably
not be any 2010 HT servers in the org for a while. We are looking
into moving to a TMG ISA server with the 2010 HT server installed on
it.

Thanks.
Andrew.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Good question.

This article:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd346708.aspx#ESD
seems to say that you can use an Exchange 2007 Hub Transport server in edge
synchronization with an Exchange 2010 Edge server but you won't get all of
the new Edge 2010 features.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Andrew Hodgson on
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 06:13:34 -0800, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote:

>Good question.
>
>This article:
>http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd346708.aspx#ESD
>seems to say that you can use an Exchange 2007 Hub Transport server in edge
>synchronization with an Exchange 2010 Edge server but you won't get all of
>the new Edge 2010 features.

So it would seem that this would work, but we would be doing a full
update when syncing to the edge server, which is what we are doing
anyway.

Thanks.
Andrew.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Please do post back with your experience!
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Oliver Moazzezi [MVP] on
Hi,

You can subscribe a 2007 Edge to a 2010 Hub Transport Server - incremental
updates etc won't work.

You cannot subscribe a 2010 Edge to a 2007 Hub Transport Server.

The reason for the first from a supportability perspective is to allow you
to put 2010 Hub Transport Servers in whilst still using your legacy Edge
Servers, and then build and subscribe 2010 Edge Servers to the 2010 Hub
Transport Servers.

Oliver